Ever wonder, does sunscreen really expire? How much do I really need to put on before heading outdoors? Check out these helpful sunscreen tips and find out!
- Be sure to put on at least 1 oz of sunscreen (about the amount in a shot glass) to cover your body. You want to put on a nice, thick coat so you are well-protected from the sun.
- Always put on sunscreen 10 to 15 minutes before going outside. This gives it a chance to absorb into your skin.
- Choose a sunscreen that is SPF 30 or higher. Pick one labeled “broad spectrum” to protect against UV-A and UV-B rays.
- Sunscreen should be reapplied approximately every two hours. You may need to reapply more often if you’re swimming or sweating.
- Sunscreen degrades with age, so always check the expiration date before using.