Typically our patients with Medicare can only assess their health plans during the Medicare Annual Election Period (October 15 – December 7) and make changes for January 1. However, for the second year in a row Tufts Medicare Preferred has been awarded 5 out of 5 stars by Medicare. This means that eligible patients can now enroll in this plan during any month throughout 2017.
This is affords a much-needed degree of flexibility for many of our senior patients because during the year their needs may change, and having the option to switch Medicare plans could be critically important to their physical and financial health. For example, some of our patients:
- may have missed the Medicare Annual Election Period
- may find that their chosen plan is costing them more than anticipated in premiums, deductibles, copays or co-insurance, or does not cover needed benefits
- may be on a low premium plan with higher co-pays, but now require more medical services than anticipated and would like to reduce their co-pays
- may have new prescription needs
- may be unable to comply with medical recommendations due to inadequate coverage
If you would like more information about Tufts Medicare Preferred HMO, please call Tufts Medicare Preferred directly at 1-800-936-1978.