March 8th is Registered Dietitian Day and in recognition of this, we’d like to raise awareness about all the wonderful things Registered Dietitians do!
Did you know…
- Registered Dietitians are the food and nutrition experts who can translate the science of nutrition into practical solutions for healthy living and use their nutrition expertise to help individuals make unique, positive lifestyle changes.
- Registered Dietitians are advocates for advancing the nutritional status of Americans and people around the world.
- Registered Dietitians at Reliant specialize in nutrition support, sports medicine, diabetes education, geriatric and weight management nutrition and treat individuals throughout the lifecycle.
- Registered Dietitians are part of the Bariatric Medicine Team, the Diabetes Center and the Cancer Center at Reliant.
- Registered Dietitians have degrees in nutrition, dietetics, public health or a related field from well-respected, accredited colleges and universities, such as Simmons, Fairfield and Cornel Universities.
In addition to these facts, there are countless reasons to see a Registered Dietician. They can help with many issues such as diabetes, cardiovascular problems, high blood pressure, digestive problems, fertility issues, breast feeding guidance, and simply for gaining or losing weight. Lesser known incentives to schedule a consult are for people considering gastric bypass surgery or caring for an aging parent. An RD can work with physicians to develop an eating plan and also help with food or drug interaction.
We hope you learned something new today! If you would like to learn more about our wonderful Nutrition team and the services we offer, visit here.