Reliant Medical Group invites you to participate in the weaRAble-PRO study (Watch and mobile devices in the Assessment of Rheumatoid Arthritis Burden on daily Life compared to Patient Reported Outcomes) being conducted in collaboration with GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) and Analysis Group, Inc. (AG). The goal of this study is to determine if data collected from novel digital technologies such as the Apple Watch® (Apple Inc.) and the Apple iPhone® (Apple Inc.), along with a connected mobile application on the iPhone can enhance scientific understanding of diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
Study Will Track Daily Activity and Functioning
We are looking for healthy volunteers to participate in this two-week study which will use these novel digital technologies to measure participants’ daily functioning and activity levels. Specifically, participants will be asked to wear the Apple Watch every day, and complete a series of pre-defined guided exercises and simple questionnaires during the study duration. All responses will be kept strictly confidential.
All Hardware Devices Are Provided
You do not need to own an iPhone or Apple Watch to participate in this study, as these materials will be provided to you for the duration of the study. We understand that your time is valuable and you will be reimbursed for your time and efforts.
Who Can Participate?
- If all the statements below are TRUE for you, then you are welcome to participate.
- You are 21 years of age or older
- You are able to read and understand English
- You are able to follow audio instructions from an iPhone
- You are not suffering from drug or alcohol abuse or dependence
- You are not currently pregnant or lactating
- You do not have a prior or current diagnosis of a rheumatologic disorder (e.g., RA), inflammatory disorder (e.g., asthma), malignancy (e.g., any cancers), or systemic autoimmune disorder (e.g., lupus)
- You do not have a history of movement disorders (e.g., Parkinson’s disease), or other neurological disorders or conditions that result in significant physical impairments (e.g., Huntington’s disease)
- You do not have a history of low blood pressure upon standing, or unexplained fainting
- You do not have a history of surgery within the past 6 months, unless you have fully recovered from it (as judged by your treating healthcare practitioner)
- You do not use a wheelchair, walking aids, or artificial limbs
- You do not have a history of severe skin allergy
- You do not have any active implantable devices, including a pacemaker
Interested in participating?
Call (508) 595-2219 or email Peggy Preusse at Peggy.Preusse@reliantmedicalgroup.org.