Read about our Bariatric Boot Camp program, which was featured in the Worcester Telegram & Gazette!
Reliant Medical Group’s bariatric program offers various exercise options to our patients. One of these options is the Bariatric Boot Camp. This class is run by a Physical Therapist Assistant who is a personal trainer and a certified strength and conditioning coach. Other trained staff also help assist in the running of the program. The Bariatric Boot Camp class only consists of patients in the bariatric program.
What we offer
- A circuit-type exercise course
- Exercise equipment such as:
- Weight-lifting machines
- Resistive bands
A circuit-type of course burns the most calories per minute. It is closely supervised to help you perform the exercises correctly. You go at your own speed for 45 seconds then change stations. It is appropriate for all energy levels since you control the pace.
- Class runs for 5 weeks, 2 times a week
- There are 15 participants in a class
- Payment is due upon registration
- The cost of our boot camp is $70 for each 5 week session
What you need to participate
- Medical clearance from your primary care or bariatric doctor
- Be enrolled in the bariatric program
Please remember to:
- Bring a water bottle
- Come in exercise appropriate clothing
- Wear exercise appropriate sneakers
Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine Department
50 Gold Star Boulevard
To enroll in our Bariatric boot camp, please call 508-856-9510.
Class Schedule & Upcoming Dates
Due to COVID-19, this group is temporarily on hold.