Tired of fad diets?
Are you ready to improve your health?
Would you like to take fewer medications?
Weight loss surgery has been found to be the most effective way to lose the weight and keep it off. It also may be a way to improve your health at the same time.
Please come to one of our free introductory bariatric sessions at Saint Vincent Hospital or call the Surgery Department at (508) 368-3190 or the Nutrition Department at (508) 852-6175 to find out more information about your options with our team.
A fully accredited program
The Bariatric Medicine Program at Saint Vincent Hospital in association with Reliant Medical Group has been accredited as a Comprehensive center by the MBSAQIP, an organization dedicated to improving and safeguarding the care of bariatric surgical patients.
- Internal medicine providers
- Registered dietitians
- Physical Therapists
Why is our program right for you?
- We have a long-term commitment to each patient
- We offer individualized attention and support to meet each patient’s needs
- We provide a non surgical track for patients not interested in surgery
- There is no start-up fee required to join our program
- We’ve had successful completion of more than 750 surgeries
- Our patients LOVE our program! But don’t take our word for it… view our patient testimonials!
Before surgery we offer:
- Private sessions in nutrition, behavioral medicine, and physical therapy departments along with some group sessions
- Bariatric bootcamp
- Comprehensive medical screening prior to surgery
After surgery we offer:
- Regular follow up with nutrition, surgery, and behavioral medicine
- Free support after surgery
- Bariatric bootcamp
- Monthly recipes to help keep you on track.
Why is support after surgery so important?
Bariatric surgery is a weight loss tool but it is important to continue to work on behavioral, nutrition and exercise goals to achieve and maintain weight loss and stay healthy. Research shows that people who have had consistent support and follow up after bariatric surgery are the most successful long term. Learn more about the options we provide for follow up and support after bariatric surgery.
Please come to one of our free introductory bariatric sessions to find out more information about your options with our team. We look forward to seeing you soon!