Please beware of fraudulent recruiting activity where individuals pose as representatives, executives or recruiters of Reliant Medical Group and its affiliated companies including, but not exclusive to, UnitedHealthcare, Optum and OptumRx.
Fraudulent activity can include, but is not limited to:
- Illegitimate Job Postings: scammers post illegitimate job postings online and/or create false webpages/websites. We highly recommend candidates validate and apply to our job postings on this site (reliantmedicalgroup.org). Our individual job listings are hosted on the careers.unitedhealthgroup.com website.
- False Emails: scammers send fraudulent emails, which do not originate from any of Reliant Medical Groups’s email domains (@reliantmedicalgroup.org, @uhg.com, @optum.com, @uhc.com), to deceive individuals with false job opportunities and/or job offers. We do not use public email platforms such as those available on Google, Yahoo or Hotmail to recruit or communicate with our talent. We recommend you contact us at the contact information listed below if you believe you have received a fraudulent email.
- False Phone Calls: scammers call asking to conduct a phone interview and request money in regard to moving forward. Any phone call requesting any payment as part of the hiring process, onboarding or for any equipment is not legitimate. We recommend you contact us at the contact information listed below if you believe you have received a fraudulent phone call and report the caller to local authorities.
- False Interviews or Job Offers: scammers leverage text messaging, Yahoo messenger, Google+ Hangouts, Google+ video or Facebook to conduct false interviews and/or false job offers. We advise candidates to not conduct interviews using these, or any similar, messaging platforms.
- Requests for Fees: scammers request fees associated with hiring. Reliant Medical Group does not request any type of payment to a vendor, request bank account information, a wire transfer or fees of any sort as a condition of employment with our company. We recommend you do not pay any fees during the recruitment process or to start a job.
- Requests for Software Downloads: scammers contact individuals requesting they start a hiring process by downloading software. Reliant Medical Group will never request you download software, of any sort to explore employment opportunities with our company. We recommend you do not respond to these requests or download software to participate in the recruitment process and/or to start a job.
- Request for Personal Information: scammers will often solicit personal information, such as name, address, DOB, SSN, bank account number (allegedly for direct deposit), and so forth. These solicitations often come via email, phone, other methods already described. Reliant Medical Group does not request this information as part of the interview process and, in fact, directs the candidate to provide that information in advance as part of the screening process before an interview is scheduled.
If you wish to verify the legitimacy of any communication alleging or claiming to have been sent by or on behalf of Reliant Medical Group, please call (800) 283-2556 for assistance.
For more information on detecting fraudulent recruiting activity, the Federal Trade Commission offers resources on their website.