The mission of the Care Management department is to work collaboratively with Reliant Medical Group and Southboro Medical Group healthcare providers to provide assistance to patients and family members who are experiencing challenging medical and/or psychosocial needs.
Our site-based Case Managers, which include licensed nurses and social workers, provide these important services through professional assessments and the promotion of cost-effective interventions using a wide range of resources.
We know life can be complex and sometimes difficult
From help affording medications to dealing with an Alzheimer’s diagnosis, our Case Managers are experienced in providing assistance to patients and their families in their time of need. Our goal is to empower patients and their families to be as self-reliant as possible and make informed decisions related to healthcare.
Delivering the key resources you need
An integral part of the team, Case Managers help ensure that patients receive all the services they require and enjoy optimum health. By combining medical and/or psychosocial assessment, plus referral and coordination with a wide network of resources in the community, our case managers offer a caring, comprehensive approach to solving life problems.
Services We Provide
- Screening assessment of needs
- Comprehensive psychosocial needs
- Coordination of needs with all providers
- Timely facilitation of appropriate resources (Community, VNA, Transportation)
- Offer supportive, short-term counseling
- Developing alternative level of care plans, (home infusion vs. short-term rehabilitation placement)
- Education of illness, coping, resources, and services
- Provide Community Resource Information
- Timely facilitation of appropriate resources consisting of VNA, Financial Assistance, Medication
- Provide patient advocacy and support
- Case Managers assist patients with navigating the healthcare system
- Provide short and long-term care planning
- Facilitate improvement in patient/physician communication and satisfaction
Please note: To receive Care Management services, all patients must have either a Reliant Medical Group or Southboro Medical Group primary care provider or see a Reliant/Southboro Medical Group specialist.