Whether you’ve just started thinking about Medicare or are thinking about making a change to your current plan, we have some resources for our patients that can help educate you about your options.
Reliant Patient Resources:
- Medicare Education Specialist, Cheryl Owoc: (508) 713-2039
- Contact health plans to learn about their plan offerings.
- Reliant Medicare Information Center: (508) 595-2550
- “Medicare 101” information sessions
- Medicare information tables
Original Medicare or Medicare Advantage – what’s the difference?
Original Medicare offers health insurance to U.S. citizens and qualified legal residents age 65 and older. People under 65 with certain medical problems also qualify for it. Original Medicare is run by the federal government.
To compare Traditional Medicare, Medigap, and Medicare Advantage, use this chart.
Many people sign up for Original Medicare when they turn 65 and then never look back. But, they may be missing out. Medicare Advantage may be a better fit for their needs. Learn more about Medicare Advantage here.
- AARP® United Health Care Medicare Complete® (844) 723-6473 TTY: 711
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Medicare HMO & PPO Plans (800) 678-2265 TDD/TTY: 711
- Commonwealth Care Alliance (CCA) Medicare Preferred and Medicare Value PPO plans (866) 371-4124 TTY: 711
- Fallon Medicare Plus (866) 790-8181 TRS: 711
- Tufts Medicare Preferred HMO (800) 877-8888 TDD/TTY: (888) 899-8977
- Fallon Health’s NaviCare HMO SNP and NaviCare SCO (877) 255-7108 TRS: 711
- CCA Senior Care Options (HMO D-SNP) 866-371-4124
- Tufts Health Plan Senior Care Options HMO SNP & Tufts Health Plan Senior Care Options SCO (800) 877-8888 TDD/TTY: (855) 670-5940
- Original Medicare (Part B) & Original Medicare with these supplements (800) 633-4227 TTY: (877) 486-2048