If you are experiencing serious symptoms like chest pain, difficulty breathing, excessive bleeding or have sustained a serious injury, dial 911 immediately or go to the closest Emergency Room.
Virtual ReadyMED can address many conditions and medical issues. Children age 4-17 can only be seen for conditions marked with an *.
- acid reflux
- COVID-19 and cold symptoms*
- conjunctivitis (pink eye)*
- insect bites*
- medication adjustments
- muscle spasm
- neck pain
- seasonal allergies*
- sinus infection
- sore throat
- urinary tract infections
- plus much more
Conditions Not Treated
The Virtual Care Team does not treat the following conditions:
- Chest pain/palpitations
- Shortness of breath
- Active bleeding (ex: wound, nose, stool, vomiting)
- New, severe headache or concussion evaluation
- Genital symptoms (ex: genital rash, testicular pain, vaginal discharge)
- Breast complaints
- Pregnancy-related complaints
- Severe burns
- Allergic reaction (difficulty breathing, swelling of the mouth/lips/tongue); note: rashes are OK
- Chemical/poison ingestion
- Sudden change/loss of vision
- Facial drooping, slurred speech, balance problems, or confusion
- Injury sustained in a motor vehicle accident
- Injury or condition sustained at work
How it Works
Sign up for a MyChart account if you don't have one.
You must have a MyChart account to schedule an appointment with Virtual ReadyMED. If you don’t have an account, sign up for one now (it’s free!).
Click on the “Get started now” button at the top of this page and fill out the “Am I eligible to see Virtual ReadyMED?” form. After you fill out the form and are deemed eligible to use the service, you will be redirected to log in to MyChart.
Head to MyChart to schedule your appointment
Once you’re logged on to MyChart, click the “Virtual ReadyMED Visit” button to schedule your appointment and complete the pre-check in process. You can view video instructions or written instructions.
Begin your visit
Approximately 10 minutes before your appointment, log back on to MyChart and you will see the option to begin your visit on your MyChart homepage. Click the green “begin visit” button to start your appointment!
Who can use the Virtual ReadyMED service?
At this time, the Virtual ReadyMED service can see patients who:
- Are age 4+
- Have a Reliant Medical Group primary care provider
- Are in Massachusetts at the time of the video visit
- Have a MyChart account – Don’t have a MyChart account? Sign up for one now!
Hours of Operation
Reliant Medical Group accepts most major health insurance plans. Visits with Virtual ReadyMED are billed like an office visit, and you may have a co-pay, which is due at the time of service. If you do not have health insurance, you have the option to pay out of pocket for a visit with Virtual ReadyMED. Visits start at $211, but discounts are available for paying in full at the time of your visit.
Hours of Operation
Open 7 Days a Week
7AM - 11PM
How should I prepare for my virtual visit?
Frequently Asked Questions
What equipment do I need to have a virtual visit?
You can use any smartphone or internet-connected tablet, laptop, or computer that has a camera.
What technology is used for a virtual visit?
Visits are conducted using MyChart, our online patient portal. If you don’t have an account, sign up for one now (it’s free!). In addition to Virtual ReadyMED appointments, with MyChart you can check test results, request prescription refills, pay your bills, and more.
You can use the MyChart link on our website or download the MyChart app from the Apple Store or Google Play.
Are virtual visits secure?
Yes. Our virtual visit technology is secure through MyChart and follows HIPAA privacy guidelines. Like an in-person visit, the data or information you provide will go straight into your electronic medical record, which is fully protected.
How can I get help if I have trouble before or during my visit?
For technical questions, look at the Virtual Visit Tip Sheet, watch the the following video or call Virtual ReadyMED at (508) 368-7890 for assistance between 7:00am-11:00pm.
How long is a visit with Virtual ReadyMED?
Appointments are approximately 20 minutes.
What if I need to cancel my appointment?
You can cancel the appointment in MyChart up until 10 minutes before your scheduled time.
Does Virtual ReadyMED replace my PCP?
No. Virtual ReadyMED doesn’t replace your primary care provider (PCP); they work alongside your provider to give you access to medical care at times that may be more convenient for you. Our Virtual ReadyMED team has full access to your medical chart, including your existing conditions and medications. So, all your virtual care will be completely visible to your Reliant PCP.
What’s the difference between Virtual ReadyMED and traditional ReadyMED?
There are a few differences:
- Virtual ReadyMED provides online care only and is available for Reliant Medical Group primary care patients age 4+.
Our traditional ReadyMED service has offices in Auburn, Hudson, Leominster and Worcester that are open to everyone, including non-Reliant patients.
- Virtual ReadyMED is by appointment only (appointments are made via MyChart and available from 7am-11pm).
ReadyMED is walk-in only (no appointments).
- The services offered vary. For example, the Virtual ReadyMED team is an extension of Reliant’s primary care team and may help patients with medication adjustments and chronic illness consultation at times when a patient’s PCP is unavailable.
Traditional ReadyMED is for same-day convenient care and has x-ray and lab services available.
See a list of Virtual ReadyMED services here
See a list of traditional ReadyMED services here