Reliant Medical Group’s Urogynecology team includes Dr. Amos Adelowo, Dr. Margaret Hines, and Leah Barker, NP.

Our Urogynecology team sees patients in our newly expanded Women’s Center for Pelvic Medicine and Surgery in Westborough. We currently offer surgical services at Saint Vincent’s Hospital, the Worcester Medical Center, Metrowest Medical Center, and Milford Hospital.

The Women’s Center for Pelvic Medicine and Surgery

The Women’s Center for Pelvic Medicine and Surgery is the only center of its kind in Central Massachusetts for treating women with pelvic floor disorders. Learn more here.

What is a Urogynecologist?

A Urogynecologist is a physician with a background training in Obstetrics and Gynecology who has gone on to specialize in the care of disorders of the pelvic floor. These disorders include, but are not limited to, urine leakage, urinary urgency, frequent urination, pelvic organ prolapse (vaginal bulge), and problems with voiding. These problems are often caused by a combination of things, including pregnancy, childbirth, genetics, repeated heavy lifting, chronic straining, chronic coughing, and pelvic surgery. Our field has some degree of overlap with Urology. These problems affect women of all ages, and in most cases our Urogynecologists can significantly improve or completely eliminate these problems.

When Should I See a Urogynecologist?

If you are having bothersome problems with urine leakage, urinary urgency, frequent urination, bulging of vaginal tissues into or beyond the vaginal opening or difficulty emptying your bladder, it is likely that our Urogynecologists can help. If any of these symptoms bother you, seeing a Urogynecologist may be helpful to you. Your first visit will likely be an informational visit in which you learn more about what causes your problem and what treatments can be offered.

What Will Happen at My First Visit With a Urogynecologist?

At your first visit, your Urogynecologist will review your medical history and will ask you questions in the hopes of better understanding the nature of your problem. Your Urogynecologist will also perform an examination. After this, your Urogynecologist will discuss the nature of your problem with you, the possible causes and the treatment options. Your doctor may also recommend some additional simple bladder tests which are performed in the office. These tests do not require any advanced preparation and are very well tolerated in the office.

What Kind of Treatment Will My Urogynecologist Offer Me?

The type(s) of treatment(s) you are offered will vary according to the nature and severity of the problem you are having, and also based on any prior treatments you may have tried. These treatments may range from dietary changes, medications, physical therapy, and special vaginal devices that can help control leakage and/or vaginal bulge, to surgical procedures. Not every patient will need surgery. For those who do need surgery and are interested in it, we have many options. Some of our procedures are minimally invasive and can often be done on an outpatient basis.