We take the safety of our patients and our employees very seriously.
Last updated: 6/21/21
Please read below for important information about how Reliant is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Call Before You Visit
- Mask Requirements and Screenings at Entry Points
- COVID-19 Testing
- Vaccine Distribution
- Virtual Visits
- Visitor Policy
- If You or Someone You Know is Sick or Had Contact with Someone Who Has COVID-19
Call Before You Visit
Please call your Reliant doctor’s office BEFORE visiting any of our sites if you:
- Have any of the following symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Cough or chest congestion
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- New loss of smell or taste
- Muscle pains
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Have been in close contact with someone who has or is being tested for COVID-19.
Use our symptom checker to receive specific recommendations for your care based on your symptoms.
To help keep our patients and employees healthy by reducing the risk of spreading COVID-19, we are screening all patients and visitors coming into our medical offices. Although the state is lifting the masking guidelines in many areas, masks are still required in healthcare settings. This helps to keep our vulnerable patients safe. Thank you for your cooperation.
At the entrances of our facilities, we require patients and visitors to wear a mask and sanitize their hands. If you come with your own mask, we will ask you to wear the one we provide unless you’re wearing a clean, uncontaminated surgical mask. When you leave, you can put your own mask back on, or continue to use the one we provided. If you are wearing gloves, we will ask you to remove them for the duration of your visit, and then sanitize your hands.
Your safety is our top concern and we’re committed to providing the care you need in the safest way possible. That’s why we’ve put in place many safety precautions in our medical offices to reduce the risk of illness spread. Learn more here.
Appointments at Saint Vincent Hospital/Worcester Medical Center
Patients are requested to arrive masked when entering Saint Vincent Hospital. They will be provided a surgical mask when they arrive to their Reliant appointment. Click here to view the screening policies at Saint Vincent Hospital.
Learn How COVID-19 Testing Works at Reliant
Testing at Reliant is by appointment and is only available for Reliant patients. If you have concerning symptoms or have a travel, work-related or other need for testing, please call your Reliant provider. See below to learn how our testing process works.
COVID-19 testing for Reliant patients is available at locations in Auburn and Marlboro.
1. Contact your primary care provider’s office to discuss symptoms or testing needs.
2. If testing is recommended, an order is placed by a Reliant Medical Group provider and a testing appointment is scheduled, generally on the same day or next day, in one of our drive-thru testing locations in Auburn or Marlboro. We do not offer “walk-in” testing.
3. When you arrive at the testing site, you will stay in your car. You will need to show a photo ID and check in.
4. A clinician will come to your car to collect a sample from your nose to test for COVID-19. Your test will be sent to Quest Diagnostics. If your provider also ordered a flu test, a sample may also be taken to test for the flu virus.
5. Your test results will come back to the Reliant provider who ordered your test. We expect that you will be notified of your test results within 2 days, but the exact timeframe will depend on the lab’s volume (Quest Diagnostics). You will receive an automated call from Reliant with your test result. If your result is positive, you will also be contacted by your primary care provider’s office within one business day. All results will also be available in MyChart. Please know that if you have not heard from us, your results are not available yet. We will communicate with you promptly when we receive your results from the lab.
For information about antibody testing, click here.
What if I become very ill?
If your symptoms worsen, please contact your Reliant provider. If at any time you experience shortness of breath or you are unable to control a rising fever, call 911 or go to the Emergency Room.
Reliant Medical Group Vaccine Distribution
We are not offering COVID-19 vaccine appointments at this time. We understand this may be disappointing for some of our patients and apologize for the inconvenience. The COVID-19 vaccine is important for your health, so we encourage our patients to seek vaccination. To find a vaccine site near you, visit www.vaxfinder.mass.gov. Patients without internet access can call 2-1-1 for assistance.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are conducting more patient visits virtually through telephone and video appointments. While telephone visits are straight forward, video visits are more complex. If you are scheduled for a video visit, please read these setup instructions prior to your virtual video appointment.
In order to maintain appropriate social distancing, we encourage patients to bring only one person to their appointment if necessary. We appreciate your cooperation.
If You or Someone You Know is Sick or Had Contact with Someone Who Has COVID-19
If you have or think you might have COVID-19, it is important to stay home and away from other people. Staying away from others helps stop the spread of COVID-19. If you have an emergency warning sign (including trouble breathing), get emergency medical care immediately.
We encourage you to rely on cdc.gov for the latest information about the Coronavirus outbreak.