Smoked Salmon and Herbed Avocado Toast
1 medium avocado
4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill, divided
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
½ teaspoon minced garlic
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ tablespoon (8 milliliters) lemon juice
4 slices seeded rye bread
3 tablespoons thinly sliced red onion
2 small radishes, thinly sliced
4 ounces wild Alaskan smoked salmon
- Halve, pit and scoop flesh from avocado into a small mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons dill, chives, garlic, pepper and lemon juice and mash until smooth and combined.
- Toast slices of bread and lay on a clean cutting board or countertop.
- Top each slice with a quarter of the avocado mixture, about 2 tablespoons.
- Cut slices into 4 equal-sized pieces. Top each square with equal amounts of onion, radishes and salmon.
- Garnish each with remaining dill.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 112; Total fat: 4 g; Total carbohydrate: 13 g; Protein: 7 g
Recipe from Food and Nutrition Magazine: https://foodandnutrition.org/november-december-2017/smoked-salmon-herbed-avocado-toast/.
Creamy Edamame Ginger Dip
1 cup edamame, shelled and cooked according to package directions
1 cup mayonnaise, soybean oil based
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1 T lemon juice
1 T fresh ginger, minced
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Purée edamame, mayonnaise, green onion, lemon juice, ginger, and pepper in food processor or blender for 3 to 4 minutes, scraping sides twice, until smooth.
- Thin mixture with water as needed
- Serve this creamy dip with raw vegetables, crackers, or pita chips.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 57; Total fat: 6 g; Total carbohydrate: 1 g; Protein: 1 g
Recipe from the United Soybean Board, SoyConnection.com.