Peach and Brie Quesadillas with Lime-Honey Dipping Sauce
Makes 4 servings
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
½ teaspoon fresh lime juice
1 cup thinly sliced, peeled, firm ripe peaches (about 2 large)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1 teaspoon brown sugar
3 ounces Brie cheese, thinly sliced
4 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
Chive strips (optional)
- To prepare sauce, combine first 3 ingredients, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- To prepare quesadillas, combine peaches, 1 tablespoon chives, and sugar, tossing gently to coat.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Arrange one-fourth of cheese and one-fourth of peach mixture over half of each tortilla; fold tortilla in half.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Place 2 quesadillas in pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until tortillas are lightly browned and crisp. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Repeat procedure with remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into 3 wedges; serve with sauce.
- Garnish with chive strips, if desired.
Tip: Whole wheat tortillas can add a sweet, nutty taste.
Nutrition per serving (1 quesadilla): Calories 157; Fat 4 g; Carbohydrates 26 g: Protein 5 g.
Recipe from Cooking Light Magazine. http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/peach-brie-quesadillas-with-lime-honey-dipping-sauce.
Buffalo Chicken Cups
Makes 12 cups
1-2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Tbsp. olive oil
¼ tsp. smoked paprika
¼ tsp. chili powder
12 wonton wrappers
½ Tbsp. butter, melted
¼ cup cayenne hot sauce
¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
1-2 scallions, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Brush chicken breasts with olive oil, and then sprinkle evenly with the smoked paprika and chili powder.
- Place in a baking dish and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until the center is no longer pink and the juices run clear. Remove chicken and let cool, then shred.
- Meanwhile, fit a wonton wrapper into each of 24 mini baking cups, pressing the wrappers carefully but firmly into sides of cups. (Be careful to keep the corners of each wonton wrapper open; otherwise you will not be able to fill them!)
- Bake for 5 minutes or until very lightly browned. Keep wontons in baking cups.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the melted butter and hot sauce. Add the chicken and stir until well coated. Then fill each wonton cup with a tablespoon or two of chicken, and then top with a pinch of blue cheese.
- Return wonton cups to oven and cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is soft and melted. Remove and top with sliced scallions, and serve warm. These are best served immediately.
Tip: If you’d like to save a step, you can easily substitute a rotisserie chicken for this recipe. Just shred it, and follow the steps to mix it with the hot sauce, etc.
Nutrition per cup: Calories 70; Fat 3g; Carbohydrate 5g; Protein 7g.
Adapted from https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/buffalo-chicken-cups/.
Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.