Chickpea Salad with Strawberries
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups water or vegetable broth
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup strawberries, chopped
4 cups arugula
1/2 diced red onion
1 diced English cucumber
1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup fresh mozzarella pearls (or diced mozzarella)
1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
1. Combine quinoa and water (or vegetable broth) in a small pot. Cover the pot and bring it to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 15 minutes until all the water is absorbed. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork and season with salt. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
3. Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth.
4. Transfer cooked quinoa to a bowl and mix in the strawberries, veggies, chickpeas, and fresh mozzarella.
5. Toss together with the dressing, and top off with freshly chopped basil.
Nutrition per serving (1 cup): Calories: 237 Fat 7g; Carbohydrates 34g: Protein 10g; Sodium 244mg.
Recipe from: Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter. July 2022. Volume 40. No. 5.
Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.