Watermelon, Edamame, Feta Salad
Makes 6 servings
1/2 red onion thinly sliced
4 cups watermelon 1-inch-diced
1 cup shelled edamame
1/2 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves chopped
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lime juice freshly squeezed
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 medium ripe avocado peeled, pitted and cut into large dice
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place the red onion in a bowl and cover with water. Let soak while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a small bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, honey, salt, and pepper.
- To a large serving bowl, add the watermelon, edamame, mint, and drained red onion.
- Pour dressing over the watermelon mixture and toss to coat.
- Add the avocado and feta and gently toss to incorporate. Refrigerate until ready to serve. The salad will likely have some excess liquid at the bottom from the watermelon, so I recommend serving it with a slotted spoon.
- TO STORE: This watermelon feta salad is best enjoyed within a few hours after it is dressed and assembled.
- MAKE-AHEAD: Watermelon salad can be prepared up to 4 hours in advance. Add the avocado and feta just before serving.
Nutrition per serving Calories:190, Fat 12g, Carbohydrates 15g, Fiber 3g, Protein 6g.
Recipe adapted from: Well Plated.com. Erin Clarke. June 2023. https://www.wellplated.com/watermelon-feta-salad/.