Thanks to colder temperatures, low humidity, and dry indoor heat, many people suffer from dry skin during the winter months. To help prevent dry skin, follow these tips:
- Use a moisturizing cream daily, especially on hands and feet.
- Food supplements containing Omega-3 fatty acids (such as fish oil) can also help.
- Avoid long, hot showers as these can actually strip oils from your skin and make it drier.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- If you skin is still flaky, try Vaseline. It is great at locking in moisture and very economical to use (be cautious if using on feet, as it can be slippery).