We all know it’s very easy to pack on the pounds during the holidays. So here’s some tips to help you deal with all that overabundance of food and hopefully not gain an ounce (well, maybe just one).
- Bring healthy treats to a party. The minute you get invited to a party, think about a healthy dish or treat you can bring. That way, you can have a healthy choice instead of indulging in foods with too much fat or sugar.
- Start out small. Small plates help you cut down on the amount of food you consume. Remember to eat slowly and wait a while before having seconds as your hunger could go away.
- Wear pants that fit. This is a great way to sense if you’re eating too much. So leave the stretchy pants at home during the holidays!
- Don’t eat because you’re bored. Always listen to your body, if you’re not hungry at a party, don’t eat and just enjoy the conversation.
- Try to enjoy yourself – it’s the holidays after all. Remember that one big meal isn’t going to ruin the health goals you’ve strived to attain over the last year. In fact, too much deprivation can lead to overeating. So have that piece of pumpkin pie if you want, just make sure not to skip the gym that week.