Fruit and Peanut Butter Wrap
This can make an easy on-the-go breakfast or lunch for days that are go-go-go! |
4 wheat tortillas
½ cup smooth style peanut butter
- Slice the fruits very thin.
- Spread the peanut butter on the tortillas, top with the sliced fruits and roll up tightly.
Tips: You can substitute any type of fresh, slice-able fruit. Also works well in a pita pocket.
Nutrition per serving (1 wrap): Calories: 380, Fat: 20g, Carbohydrates: 44g, Protein: 13 g.
Recipe from Sparkpeople.com: https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1786818.
Baked Cod Salsa Verde
Makes 8 servings
May is usually the first time of the year when we enjoy the beginnings of the new potato crop. Just one or two of these little beauties cooked with cherry tomatoes, herbs and a hint of mustard make the perfect meal with a white fish fillet like cod (although feel free to use other fish fillets) or a tender breast of chicken.
11 oz baby new potatoes, scrubbed
Low-fat cooking spray or mist
7 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
1 lb skinless and boneless cod fillets (4 fillets)
2 tsp Dijon mustard
4 thin slices lemon
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 oz flat-leaf parsley
1 clove garlic, peeled
2 tsp capers, drained and rinsed
6 anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 large or 3 medium tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), sliced 1/2 inch thick
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Place the potatoes in a pan of boiling water, return to the boil and cook for 10-12 minutes until tender then drain and slice.
- Generously spritz an ovenproof dish with low-fat cooking spray or mist. Add the potatoes and halved tomatoes in a single layer.
- Spread the cod fillets thinly with half of the mustard and press a lemon slice on the top of each. Place on top of the vegetables and spritz again lightly with low-fat cooking spray or mist. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, to make the salsa verde, place the parsley, garlic, capers and anchovies (with their oil) in a small food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the remaining mustard, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Pulse once or twice until just blended.
- To serve, divide the fish and vegetables between warmed serving plates, spoon over a little salsa and serve the rest on the side.
Nutrition per serving (1/2 fillet): Calories: 190; Fat: 3g; Carbohydrates: 16g; Protein 26g.
Recipe adapted from Bariatriccookery.com: http://www.bariatriccookery.com/seasonal-sunny-favourite#more-14001.