Summer Vegetables Three-Cheese Frittata
Makes 6 servings
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 ounces sliced mushrooms
1/2 green or red bell pepper, diced
1/2 zucchini, seeded and diced
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
2 ounces shredded low-fat Mozzarella cheese
2 ounces crumbled Feta cheese
2 ounces shaved Parmesan cheese
6 eggs, beaten well
1 teaspoon seasoning salt (like Lawry’s or Spike)
1/2 teaspoon dried ground oregano
- Add olive oil in a 10-12-inch omelet pan placed over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, zucchini and onion; sauté until the vegetables have softened and are lightly browned, about 5-6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add the mozzarella, Feta and Parmesan cheeses to the pan and let them start to melt.
- Add the eggs and season with seasoning salt and oregano. Cover the pan and cook on low for about 10-12 minutes. Eggs will be nearly set.
- Preheat broiler.
- Put the pan, uncovered, under the broiler and broil until the eggs and cheeses are all melted and nicely browned, about 1-2 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, then cut with a pizza cutter into 8 wedges. Serve hot.
Nutrition per serving (1/6 of pan): Calories: 106, Fat: 7g, Sat: 3g, Carbohydrates: 4 g, Protein: 9 g.
Recipe from InsideKarenskitchen.com: http://insidekarenskitchen.com/summer-vegetables-three-cheese-frittata/
Baked Cheese Crisps
Makes 8 or 9 crisps
A fun twist on cheese that can be used and as a crunchy snack!
½ cup grated hard cheese such as Parmesan, cheddar, or Mexican blend cheeses (about 2
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Form about 1 tablespoon of the cheese into a thin circle on the parchment paper; repeat with the remaining cheese, leaving 2 inches between circles.
- Bake until the cheese is golden brown and lacy, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet, then serve.
Nutrition per serving(1 ounce or 4 crisps): Calories: 110, Fat: 7g, Sat: 5g, Carbohydrates: 1 g, Protein: 10 g.
Recipe from InsideKarenskitchen.com: http://insidekarenskitchen.com/baked-cheese-crisps/