Crunchy Taco Cups
Makes 12 taco cups
A fun twist on cheese that can be used and as a crunchy snack!
1 pound lean ground beef, browned and drained
1 envelope (3 tablespoons) taco seasoning
1 (10 ounces) can Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles
1½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (or Mexican blend)
24 wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Generously coat a standard size muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine cooked beef, taco seasoning, and tomatoes in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Line each cup of prepared muffin tin with a wonton wrapper. Add 1 ½ tablespoons taco mixture.
- Top with 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Press down and add another layer of wonton wrapper, taco mixture, and a final layer of cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 11-13 minutes until cups are heated through and edges are golden.
Nutrition per serving (1 taco cup): Calories: 180, Fat: 7g, Carbohydrates: 10 g, Protein: 17 g.
Recipe from: http://www.barilife.com/blog/bariatric-recipes/10-single-serving-meals-you-need-in-your-bariatric-life/ and http://www.kevinandamanda.com/crunchy-taco-cups/crunchy-taco-cups-calories-and-nutritional-information/
Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potato Frosting
Makes 12 cupcakes
For the Meatloaf cupcakes:
1 1/3 pounds 93% lean ground turkey
1 cup grated zucchini, all moisture squeezed dry with paper towel
2 tablespoons onion, minced
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tsp kosher salt
For the potato frosting:
1 pound (about 2 medium) Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 large garlic cloves, peeled and halved
2 tablespoons fat free sour cream
2 tablespoons fat free chicken broth
1 tablespoon skim milk
1/2 tablespoon light butter
Kosher salt to taste
Dash of fresh ground pepper
2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- Put the potatoes and garlic in a large pot with salt and enough water to cover; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain and return potatoes and garlic to pan.
- Add sour cream and remaining ingredients.
- Using a masher or blender, mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to cool slightly and then cut with a pizza cutter into 8 wedges. Serve hot.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with foil liners.
- In a large bowl, mix the turkey, zucchini, onion, breadcrumbs, ketchup, egg, and salt.
- Place meatloaf mixture into muffin tins filling them to the top, making sure they are flat at the top.
- Bake uncovered for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from tins and place onto a baking dish.
- Pipe the “frosting” onto the meatloaf cupcakes and serve.
Nutrition per serving (2 cupcakes): Calories: 240, Fat: 9g, Carbohydrates: 25 g, Protein: 18 g.