Make ahead recipes to help you plan your road to progress!
Easy Vegetarian Chili
Makes 8 servings
1 tablespoon canola oil
¾ cup finely chopped white onion
½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2 (15 ounce) cans low-sodium black beans, rinsed
1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
¼ cup water
½ cup shredded cheese, such as Cheddar or pepper Jack
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in chili powder, cumin, oregano and coriander; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add beans, tomatoes (with their juice) and water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve the chili sprinkled with cheese.
To make ahead: Refrigerate chili (Step 1) for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months..
Nutrition per serving (1/2 cup): Calories: 156; Fat: 6 g; Carbohydrates: 20 g;
Protein 8 g.
Recipes from EatingWell: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/256489/easy-vegetarian-chili/.
Creamy Meatball Ramekins
Makes 4 servings
½ medium white onion, cut into slivers
1 c. low-fat cream of mushroom soup
½ c. low-fat milk (suggested: Fairlife 0% milk)
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp. fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
12 Aldi Fit & Active® Turkey Meatballs
3 whole wheat Wasa crackers, crushed
1 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
¼ tsp. garlic powder
4 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Set a skillet over medium heat and allow it to get hot. Add olive oil to pan and swirl it around.
- Add onions and cook 1-2 minutes, or until softened. Add cream soup, milk, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt, pepper, and nutmeg then stir, allowing the sauce to come to a simmer.
- Place 3 meatballs each in a 5 oz. ramekin. Ladle sauce generously over meatballs. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
- In bowl, combine crackers, butter, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle mixture on top of ramekins and then bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
Nutrition per serving (1 ramekin: 3 meatballs): Calories: 234, Fat: 9 g, Carbohydrates: 27 g, Protein: 13 g.
Recipe from Bariatric Foodie and Celebrate Vitamins: https://www.celebratevitamins.com/about-you/recipes/meatball-ramekins.html.