Here are a couple of delightful recipes made for one!
Vegetarian Zucchini Lasagna for One
Makes 1 serving
1 small zucchini
½ cup (120 milliliters) jarred tomato sauce
½ cup cooked brown lentils
¼ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Thinly slice zucchini into ⅛-inch-thick coins. Arrange slices on a microwave-safe plate and cook on high for 90 seconds. Remove plate from microwave and pat zucchini coins dry with a clean paper towel. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine tomato sauce and cooked lentils. In a separate mixing bowl, combine ricotta and 2 tablespoons mozzarella. Set both aside. In a microwave-safe mug, layer zucchini coins in a circular pattern. Top with 1 tablespoon cheese mixture, spreading evenly. Top cheese mixture with 2 tablespoons lentil sauce.
- Repeat layering zucchini, cheese and sauce until mug is almost full, then top with remaining mozzarella. Cover mug with a clean paper towel and microwave on high for 90 seconds, until cheese is melted. Remove from microwave and let cool 2 minutes before serving.
Nutrition per serving (1 mug (310 grams)): Calories: 289, Fat: 11 g, Carbohydrates: 13 g, Protein: 24 g.
Recipe from Food and Nutrition Magazine: http://www.foodandnutrition.org/March-April-2017/Vegetarian-Zucchini-Lasagna-for-One/
Roasted Chicken Breast With Cherry Tomatoes and Asparagus
Makes 1 serving
1 chicken breast
8 sticks asparagus, trimmed
6 cherry tomatoes
2 sprigs rosemary
1 pinch sea salt
1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Put 1 chicken breast, with its skin left on, in a bowl.
- Add 8 trimmed sticks of asparagus, 6 halved cherry tomatoes and the leaves from 1 sprig of fresh rosemary plus a whole sprig of rosemary as well.
- Toss everything together with a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Put the veg into a tinfoil tray and place the chicken and rosemary sprig on top. Season well.
- Add some white wine and cook in the middle of the oven for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Serve drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
Nutrition per serving (1 breast): Calories: 389, Fat: 20 g, Carbohydrates: 10 g, Protein: 43 g.