Fun recipes to bring to barbeques or to serve when hosting one!
Creamy Artichoke Dip
Makes 15 servings
3 garlic cloves
18 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
2/3 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
4 ounces silken tofu
1 1/2 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese, divided (about 2/3 cup)
4 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add garlic to food processor and pulse until minced. Add half of artichoke hearts, yogurt, tofu, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, and cream cheese. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Roughly chop remaining artichokes; fold into yogurt mixture. Add salt, black pepper, and cayenne.
- Divide dip among 4 (8-ounce) ramekins. Top evenly with remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan. Bake at 350°F until bubbly, about 30 minutes. Turn broiler to high; cook until tops are golden, about 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition per serving(1/4 cup): Calories 61; Fat 3g; Carbohydrate 4g; Protein 4g.
Recipe from Cookinglight.com: http://www.cookinglight.com/recipes/creamy-artichoke-dip
Buffalo Chicken Tacos
Makes 8 servings
1 cup thinly sliced celery
1 cup thinly sliced baby bell peppers
(from 3 small peppers)
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons unsalted ketchup
2 teaspoons hot sauce (such as
Franks RedHot), plus more for serving
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
8 corn tortillas, toasted
- Combine celery, bell peppers, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Toss with cilantro.
- Meanwhile, stir together butter, ketchup, and hot sauce in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add chicken, and cook until lightly browned on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Add chicken to hot sauce mixture; toss to coat.
- Stir together sour cream and blue cheese. To assemble tacos, spread 1 1/2 teaspoons of the sour cream mixture on each tortilla. Divide chicken and celery mixture evenly among tortillas; top with cilantro and hot sauce.
Nutrition per serving (1 taco): Calories 190; Fat 8 g; Carbohydrates 15 g: Protein 15 g.
Recipe from Cookinglight.com: http://www.cookinglight.com/recipes/buffalo-chicken-tacos.