The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) expect both the flu, COVID-19 and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) infections to rise this fall and winter. Catching more than one respiratory illness during the same season (and at the same time) is possible, so please consider getting vaccinated to protect yourself against serious illness. Your Reliant Medical Group healthcare team supports eligible patients receiving all vaccines recommended for them.
COVID-19 Vaccine Updates
- The CDC recommends everyone six months and older get an updated COVID-19 vaccine to protect against the potentially serious outcomes of COVID-19 illness this fall and winter.
- Reliant is offering COVID-19 vaccination for primary care patients age 6 months and older. Patients must make an appointment for vaccination by contacting their primary care provider’s office (PCP) by phone or MyChart message.
- The COVID-19 vaccine is also readily available at local pharmacies. Visit vaccines.gov to find a location near you.
- Learn more about the updated vaccines and the CDC’s recommendations here
- Talk to your PCP if you have questions.
Flu Vaccine Updates
- The CDC recommends everyone 6 months and older get a flu vaccine each year, especially those at higher risk for serious complications.
- The flu vaccine is available now for both pediatric and adult patients at Reliant. We are not offering walk-in clinics this year, patients should contact their PCP’s office by phone or use a MyChart message to schedule an appointment.
RSV Vaccine Update
- If you are 60 years of age or older, talk to your healthcare provider to see if an RSV vaccination is right for you. We are offering this vaccine in our offices for eligible patients.
- Older adults with chronic medical conditions are usually recommended to be vaccinated against RSV.
- You can receive your RSV vaccination at the same time you get other recommended vaccines, such as flu or COVID-19.